I read at least a hundred blog posts each week on personal finance, lifestyle design, retirement, and health and fitness. This year, I’ve chosen to focus on building seven habits – rather than setting specific goals. My Saturday Share Day posts address my chosen habits to Keep Learning and Help Others!
Here are some great posts that caught my attention this week (in no particular order) and a few older posts too!
- Justin over at Root of Good shared his December 2016 update. His posts have a terrific level of detail and I’m always amazed at their (low) level of spending for a family of 5. And that’s with a lot of travel included!
- Mustard Seed Money shares a great list of things you can do in 2017. We’re trying to be very conscious of #1 this year – Being Grateful for What We Have. If we can do that, we will certainly set ourselves up for a healthy and wealthy New Year!
- If you happened to catch my tweets this week about the water main breaks on our street, you’ll know that I wasn’t that interested in drinking water! Mrs. Picky Pincher’s Love Letter to a Bota Box was a perfect read (right after I opened one!)
- Emily from JohnJaneDoe.com shared a post last month on brown-bagging lunches. Her ideas will help keep brown-bagging not only frugal, but fresh. Her ideas will help you avoid vending machines or picking up the phone to order out for lunch!
- Perfectionism was a theme of a few recent blog posts. Kathryn at Making Your Money Matter is focusing on “enough” while working to reform her perfectionism this year. While Bill over at Wealth Well Done is also working to overcome perfectionism. The discussion continued with a few others over at the Rockstar Finance Forums
- Primal Prosperity wrote an awesome guest post over at CoachCarson.com on sustainable real estate investing. We own 10 rental units, so I’m always interested in reading more about others’ approaches to owning and managing rental properties!
- The Green Swan family is expecting this spring! J.W. had a great guest post from Hannah at Amino Health on the factors that will affect the cost of delivery. Not having a baby – but worried about rising health care costs? Check out Amino and start shopping for your health care!
- This week I shared that it will be a year of CHANGE for us! We are trying to embrace all the change as a way to move forward. Finance Superhero reminded us this week that change is hard! I loved the line that “the distance between change and complacency is very short” – so true!
- Congratulations to two of my favorite writers! If you haven’t checked out Physician on Fire, make sure to read his first blogiversary post! His blog is on FIRE and after reading a few posts, you’ll understand why! And Ty at GetRichQuickish just finished up his first year of writing too! Have you ever thought about starting a blog? This is a must-read of what worked for Ty and what was a bust too! There Ty – two weeks in a row? Going for more than 6% this year 😉
And finally, Sam at Financial Samurai tweeted a post from Jon Morrow who writes the blog Unstoppable. Sam called it “one of the best posts ever” – and that caught my attention. I’d agree 100%. Check out 7 Life Lessons from a Guy Who Can’t Move Anything But his Face and you’ll see what I mean.
Happy Weekend (& Long Weekend) for many of you! I’ll leave you with one of my favorite quotes – that also fits nicely with Jon Morrow’s blog and the reason many of us have an extra day off this weekend.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.